Some Useful Tips
- Visa - You will need 5 Omani Rials for a visa upon arrival into Oman for stays of 10 days (£8.25). You can also pay by credit card
- Language - Arabic and English are the languages, with English widely spoken in resorts
- Bring plenty of wet wipes as you will need them to help cool down
- The dress code outside of a resort will mean covering shoulders and wearing clothing, covering the cleavage and long enough to cover the knees. For men they are expected to wear shirts with sleeves
- Cotton clothing and those with natural fibres will provide the best comfort
- Driving is on the right so if you plan to drive, then be prepared for speeders
Resort HighlightsThere are three resorts in one here at The Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa - A Shangri La Hotel. Each with its own distinctive character and appeal offers five star facilities and an exceptional service. It is a perfect retreat for couples who want relax and lap up the sunshine with plenty of pools and water-sports such as diving and snorkeling to cool off in.
Al Waha - The Oasis is the perfect family location
With 262 rooms, 40 of these are Family rooms with interconnecting doors to ensure safety and but also enabling parents some privacy.
Al Banda - The Town is at the heart of the resort
198 deluxe rooms is ideal for the business and leisure traveler alike with the business district only 15 minutes away.
Al Husn - The Castle for the most discerning guests
180 elegantly designed rooms offering the most luxurious rooms and suites.
- Sauna jacuzzi, & steam room
- Sports centre, tennis courts, mini golf and various watersports
- PADI dive Centre
- CHI spa with 12 treatment villas
- Cool zone kids club, GameZ entertainment centre and splash pad and aquatic play area.
- Health Club with Private gym open 24hrs
- Omani Heritage Village with traditional shops
- Art Gallery Library & hospitality Lounge
- Choice of 21 dining options to suit budgets and tastes
- Complimentary mini-fridge in every room
June 2014 Stay in Oman